Monday, March 2, 2015

Week 8

I'm almost done with week 8.  At this particular moment, I feel awful.  I almost threw up.  I'm at work and I cannot think of much worse than throwing up at work except for that one time I threw up in the middle of the street right in front of my boss on a business trip.  That was definitely worse.  But, still, feeling like this at work is awful.

I swear, this baby is messing with me.  I was feeling good, almost normal, even and it seems like as soon as I am convinced that I'm going to feel great, the nausea comes back with a vengeance.  I can't predict it.  I was really hungry and had lunch; the same lunch I had 3 days last week without incident.  Now I feel so bad.  I mean, seriously, what is with that?  There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when I'll feel good or bad, which bugs me because I like patterns and routine.

Other than these annoying physical symptoms, things are good.  Last weekend was actually the first weekend in a long time where I had things to do the whole time.  Friday I went out with my sister to celebrate her friend's birthday.  Our other sister came, even, which is extremely rare.  It was fun, and luckily, her friend picked the perfect bar for a pregnant person.  She wanted to go to this place called Dawn's Beach Hut.  They specialize in frozen, tropical drinks that happen to be the perfect thing to order virgin because you can't taste if there's alcohol anyway.  The night would have been totally perfect if the bartender didn't write "virgin funky monkey" and "virgin piña colada" on the check!  Luckily, I grabbed it first and hid the itemized part before anyone else saw it (I think).

Saturday we had Rob's cousin and her fiance over for dinner.  She's really nice and she has some interesting stories.  She knows a lot about their family's genealogy, which was interesting.  She also knew more about my sister-in-law's relationship, which I am interested in.  She's dating a guy she met in Sweden when she was studying abroad there.  He came to the states over the summer and they stayed at our house a few nights.  So, I've met him and he seemed very nice.  Both he and my SIL are somewhat shy though, so I couldn't get any details from her then and I didn't want to make either of them uncomfortable so I just let them do their thing.  I've been wondering about it since then though.

Sunday my aunt had a going away party for her grandson who is joining the Air Force.  There were several people there who I don't see much so it was interesting.  Unfortunately, Rob got sick while we were there.  It was probably due to all the corn products we had the night before when we made tacos for dinner.  I think we're going to try another Whole 30 soon.  Maybe not today because we have so many taco leftovers (thinking the rice and beans), but once those are gone I think we're going to go grain free again.  Neither of us feels good when we eat them and they cause weight problems.  So, anyway, it was nice to get out this weekend.  Luckily I wasn't feeling sick, either.  I'm looking forward to getting our diet back on track, as well.

Other than my weekend, of course I heard from one of my toxic friends again.  She sent me an email that pretty much made no sense at all.  I haven't replied.  I honestly don't know how I would reply if I wanted to, anyway, because her email was just all over the place and had nothing to do with why I'm upset (and she knows that).  She can't fix the real issue, so I guess she's just trying to deflect it and hope I'll somehow get confused or something.  Not gonna happen.  I can't say I'm sad to think she's upset.  I hope she is.  But, I need to get away and salvage whatever tiny amount of dignity I can from the situation.  Luckily, I have a lot of other things to think about right now and plenty of other people I can spend time with.

No comments:

Post a Comment