Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Weight & Decorating Update

Just another weigh-in Wednesday.  I'm down very slightly from last week to 194.0 (loss of 0.4 pounds), yet my waist measurement is up by 1/2 an inch.  I really don't get that.  Lately I seem to lose weight or lose inches, but not both at the same time.  I find it strange.  I'm hoping it means that I'm currently just suffering with bloat and will deflate soon.

Today is the first day of my Diet Bet.  They allow you to weigh in a couple days before the bet, so I weighed myself on Monday when my weight was really high for some reason.  I didn't eat the greatest stuff over the weekend (as usual), but I didn't eat a lot in terms of quantity.  At least I don't feel like I did.  Anyway, I did my weigh in right before bed on Monday.  You have to weigh in clothed, of course, so I actually weighed 200.4!  Yikes!  That is a way higher number than I ever want to see again.  The plus side to that is that if I get under 190.0 in the next 4 weeks I should win the bet.  I also got my husband to join the bet too.  Given where I'm starting from, I'll be thrilled if I can make it to 187.0 (unclothed) by the end of the bet.

I was thinking today that maybe I need to focus on losing weight slowly.  Maybe then I can lose the weight permanently.  I'm doubtful, but I may try it anyway.  In my head it would go something like this... get my weight down to 185 and then focus on maintenance only for a couple months.  Then try to lose down to 175 and maintain, 165, maintain, etc.  Of course, lately, I can't seem to even maintain my weight, so I don't know why I think this would work!

The only thing going on in my life right now is that I'm finally decorating our guest bedroom.  I painted it on Sunday:

Before - Beige and full of chairs

During - Still full of chairs and covered in tape; also the paint isn't totally dry in this picture
As you can see, I painted the room a medium gray color.  When I started the room was full of random chairs that we had no place for.  Now it has a dresser, nightstand, and the head and foot boards for the bed but no side rails (so the bed can't be put together and isn't useful).  Hopefully our side rails will come in soon and we'll be able to assemble the bed.  I'll definitely be posting some pictures once that happens.

I also found a rug I really wanted on Craig's List and we're planning on picking it up on Friday.  It's amazing because I was considering buying this exact rug, but was hesitant because it was so expensive in the size I want (8' X 10').  I did a Google search and someone happens to be selling it.  The downside is that the seller is in Madison, Wisconsin, which is 2 1/2 hours away.  My sister-in-law is a student at UW Madison though, so we're going to see her when we go up so the trip isn't completely ridiculous.

This is the rug:

I'm going with a gray and purple color scheme in the room.  I love purple.  We already have two purple chairs (pictured above) and a purple quilt that might go on the bed.  Really, it depends on the exact color of the rug once we get it.  It's hard to tell now if it's more of a blue-ish purple like our chairs, or if it will be more red-ish like the quilt.  Either way, I guess I have something I can use.  I still need art and curtains, at the very least.  I may end up painting something to put over the bed, but we'll see.

Anyway, that's my life lately.  Oh, and I'm up to climbing 12 floors a day at work.  Not a monumental achievement or anything, but it's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment