Monday, October 6, 2014

Routine is My Friend

Another Monday and another week of work is underway.  I hate going to work, but I know I really need the routine of a job.  I have no idea how people who are self-employed do it, to be honest.  I procrastinate a lot on the weekends lately and don't get anything done.  I don't know if it's depression, the hypothyroid, or something else, but I have been very unmotivated lately.

I had a garage sale on Friday.  The weather was terrible and as a result so was the turn out.  But, that's okay; I was just happy to not be at work.  One thing that wasn't great about Friday, and the whole weekend really, was my diet.  My mom is a HORRIBLE influence.  She is truly addicted to McDonald's.  I used to love McD's, but lately I don't like it much.  It just doesn't taste that good and it's impossible to eat gluten-free there and get anything that tastes even halfway decent.  I minimized gluten as much as I felt I could and got McNuggets.  They were not good.  I'm really not sure why my mom likes them so much.  I feel like they used to taste good and I honestly think that she remembers how they used to be and doesn't taste how they actually are now or something.  If I never had another McNugget that would be fine with me.

So, yeah, that's how my Friday started.  Then I went out with my sister and friend and my diet got even worse.  I only had 3 drinks (over about 5 hours), but we ate at a Mexican restaurant then had fries and then had pie!  The pie was really an ice cream thing, so I don't think it had any grains/gluten, but still, it was pure sugar and not good.  The fries were really good, the Mexican was pretty good, the pie wasn't that great.  I shouldn't have had any of it, but I was so hungry that I couldn't stop myself.  I still don't know why I was so hungry, either.

Saturday and Sunday I just didn't have any motivation.  I wanted to make soap this weekend, but I never did.  I also wanted to change out the kitchen faucet, but that didn't happen either.  I hate feeling so sluggish.  I'm tired all the time lately.  I'm tired right now, in fact, even though I got over 7 hours of sleep last night and took a nap for like 2 hours yesterday.  I shouldn't be feeling so tired.  I think I need to get some vitamin D.  In fact, I think I might go and get some right now, since that is a reason to get out of this office.   Plus, I haven't done the stairs yet today (9 floors this week).

I hope I'm out of this funk soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment