Thursday, November 6, 2014

Temptation is Everywhere

Well, the title pretty much sums up the last week of my life.  We went to my friend's cabin over the weekend.  I tried so hard to plan a menu that wouldn't cause me to go totally off the rails and I thought I was successful, but I guess not.  I was 197.0 on Monday and down to 195.2 by Wednesday and holding there now.  I'm sad about that.

When we were planning our trip to the cabin, I planned as much of the food as I could:

Friday night - Brats, Baked Potatoes, Creamed Spinach
Saturday & Sunday breakfasts - Frittata
Saturday dinner - Beef stew, Biscuits (from the Wheat Belly Cookbook), Brussel Sprouts
Snacks - Popcorn (non-GMO, better than chips fried in PUFA); Cucumber, Cream Cheese and Salmon "Sandwiches"

So, I really did have a plan.  The plan was even mostly executed.  We never made the popcorn (someone brought Cheetos, unfortunately) and we didn't need or make the brussel sprouts either.  We had the stew, frittata, and we made some fried green tomatoes.  The tomatoes were breaded in corn starch (not great) but we fried them in coconut oil.  We made a dipping sauce that was based on homemade mayo.  The unplanned items were the frozen custard, Reese's peanut butter cups, the fun size snickers bars and this stupid pumpkin cake.  So, I didn't totally avoid gluten and definitely wasn't avoiding sugar.  I just can't control myself around some stuff, I guess.

Anyway, my weight sucks.  I don't think I'll ever really get control over it.  I'm hungry right now as I type this.  I've been trying to fast until noon and then eat within an eight hour window as suggested in The Perfect Health Diet.  It has been really hard.  Every day this week I've broken down around 11:00 and had something.  Today it was orange juice at this silly "meet  and greet" thing we had at work which was full of extremely tempting baked goods that were simply covered in sugar.  They looked so good!  In that context, having orange juice isn't so bad.  It's not so good, either.

Lately my resolve is just so-so.  I hate my weight some times and other times I just don't care.  If I'm wearing something I feel good in, that makes a big difference, of course.  I want to lose weight, but I don't want it enough to exercise, that's for sure.  I did some sprints yesterday and it really just makes me more hungry all day.  I just don't have the motivation for exercise anymore.  I'll keep up with the stairs, only because it is something I can easily commit to and is an excuse to leave the office.  Beyond that, I'm tapped out.

Aside from my weight gain, I'm still working on the bedroom set for bedroom #1.  I haven't decided on a color scheme for the room yet though.  I've realized that we're using the same colors all over the house, and I don't want the whole place to be the same since it is certainly large enough to have different colors in different rooms.  I'm probably going to paint the walls beige though, since that way I can go with any colors I want.  Currently the walls are pale blue, which is fine, but isn't doing anything for me.  Hopefully in another week we will have the furniture back up there though.  Then I can figure out what to do as far as area rugs and all that are concerned.

Here are some pictures of the chaos in progress:

Half-painted furniture has taken over the garage!

Sorry this picture is shaky... it's my sweet spray painting station in our basement.
I guess that just about sums up my life in the past week.  Eating too much, drinking to much, and probably inhaling too much spray paint.  Hopefully I can get things under control soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment