Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wednesday Weigh-In

Another week has passed.  My diet bet ended yesterday and I have until tomorrow at midnight to submit my weight.  It probably won't matter though, because I have not lost enough meet my goal if I have to wear clothes on the scale.  I'm at 193.0 today and the goal was 192.4.  There's a chance I can hit that if I'm undressed, but clothed, no way.  Sad.

I haven't been trying very hard this past week.  The chaos of having those two rooms a mess is getting to me.  It really is driving me crazy.  It's been a bit of a nightmare, too.  Last week, I got a call from Penny Mustard that the rails for my bed were in and would be delivered on Friday.  I was really excited and I went out and bought the mattress on Thursday.  On Friday, they come with the rails, but they didn't have the right bolts for the bed, so they couldn't be installed.

As soon as they realize the bolts were wrong they called the office and arranged for someone to come on Saturday with the right bolts.  This is less than ideal because it means Rob and I have to assemble the bed ourselves, and when you spend over $1000 on a damn bed, the delivery guys should set it up.  But, I just wanted it done, especially because there was a full size mattress set taking up a ton of room in my foyer.  So, we agree for the non-delivery guy to come Saturday with the bolts.

On Saturday, the guy shows up, hands us a bag of bolts and leaves.  I convince Rob that we need to drop everything and assemble the bed.  He reluctantly agreed.  We go up there, start working on it, only to realize they gave us the bolts for the wrong bed!  So, we still don't have the damn things and still can't set the bed up!  I was so mad.  We called the guy right away (less than 5 minutes after he left) and he doesn't answer.  I emailed the woman who we worked with at the store right away too.  Hours later, we get a call from some guy, Travis, who says he is going to have to mail us the bolts because they sent the wrong ones (no sh*t, Sherlock).

Travis says he will overnight the set to us on Monday so we would have it Tuesday.  But, what annoyed me is, they've asked me to drive to one of their show rooms to drop off the incorrect set that they gave us.  I mean, seriously?  They need them back that badly?  I have already been inconvenienced by this place 3 times with nothing more than an "I'm sorry." Well, sorry doesn't compensate me for taking 2 days off of work.  It also won't magically assemble that bed.

Of course, Tuesday has come and gone and I have no bolts for my bed.  I'm pretty ticked, if you can't tell.  I like the quality of the furniture at Penny Mustard, but they sure have done everything they can to screw up delivering and assembling the furniture for us.  If Walter E. Smithe had made even one of these mistakes they would have compensated us with a gift card (I know, because it's happened).  This is now four issues we've had and nothing.  All they can tell me is that they need to hire a new scheduler.  You would think that after the first 2 screw ups they would have made extra sure to send the right bolts with the guy that came by on Saturday.  Instead, Travis admitted that he didn't even look at our order when he was getting the hardware to send over.  Genius.

So, given all of that, I probably won't be buying any more furniture from Penny Mustard.  It's too bad.  I want to support American companies and American made products, but I cannot spend $5000 on a bedroom set and deal with this many issues in getting it set up.  It's just not worth the hassle.  I think I'm going to post all of this on Yelp, actually.

Anyway, that's my life right now.  Two bedrooms with furniture parts scattered all over the place.  I'm too tired to do much of anything still and lacking motivation in general.  I am going to, hopefully, work from home tomorrow so I can get bedroom #1 painted.  I just need it done so I can reclaim the first floor of the house and the garage.  It is too cold to be parking our cars outside when we have a heated garage.

Hopefully I can get my a-game back soon.  I don't like being this lame and tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment