Thursday, November 20, 2014

Won My Diet Bet!

I can't believe it, but I actually won my diet bet after all!  I weighed myself this morning and I was at 191.8.  I needed to be 192.4 with clothes for the bet.  So, I was able to put on the lightest clothes I have and made it!  :)  That's exciting, at least it qualifies as exciting in my world.  The really crazy thing is that I had just accepted that I was going to lose the bet and wasn't even trying yesterday.  I didn't run the stairs, I had Chipotle for lunch and I even ate more than 1 serving of Chunky Monkey ice cream.  Unbelievable!

What, is less exciting and downright frustrating is that I still haven't been able to assemble the bed we got from Penny Mustard.  We got the bolts yesterday evening.  So, we got started assembling.  What sucks is, the bolts are too long to cover the holes on the foot board:


As you can see, the bolts are about 1/8" too long (these were the shortest bolts in the package).  The problem with that is that they slide back and forth.  Plus, it looks like sh*t, too, and I didn't pay over $1000 for a bed that would look like crap.

But, wait, there's more!  When we went to put the slats that support the mattress in we couldn't do it because they are also too long!


So, I'm at the end of my rope with this purchase.  If they don't give me at least a partial refund in the next couple days I am going to contest the entire charge with my credit card.  The number of screw ups on this really has been unreal.  Very annoying.  I guess the moral to the story is, don't buy a convertible crib from Penny Mustard and expect to actually be able to use it as a full size bed.  It won't happen without you first wanting to rip all of your hair out.

No comments:

Post a Comment