Thursday, February 12, 2015

Hanging In There

I feel like a lot has happened since I posted last.  Rob and I hosted our White Elephant party and it was pretty fun.  The same day I attended my cousin's baby shower, which was also fun.  What wasn't so fun is that our party ran pretty late (1:00 am) and I ate a lot of junk.  Now, it was fun while I was eating it, but what followed was not fun AT ALL.  I ended up getting a migraine Sunday and I was so extremely nauseated Sunday that I wanted to die.  That stuck with me through Monday, as well.

See, that's the problem with getting pregnant while you do a Whole 30.  I have no idea what was caused by food re-introduction, lack of sleep or pregnancy.  I felt like I got punched with all three at once.  Sunday and Monday were super miserable.  By Tuesday though, I was convinced it was pregnancy related because I still felt pretty bad Tuesday and Wednesday.  Today, I feel less bad.  I don't feel 100% and I guess I haven't eaten much today (just half an avocado), but at least I don't feel like I'm going to throw up right now.  Earlier I thought I might be getting a UTI, but it was just a false alarm, I think.  So, I'm happy about that.

On Monday I had my first appointment with the midwives.  Of course, I only saw one of them, Marybeth.  They confirmed that I am indeed pregnant.  I didn't really need them to tell me that, since I felt so crappy that day and had/have a bunch of symptoms, but I suppose it's good to know my dollar store tests weren't lying to me.  We just went through medical history and all that jazz.   I'm not going back again until March, which seems like a long time, but obviously I have no idea what is normal.  I think the appointment after that we do an ultrasound.  That's when I'm expecting things to feel more real.  Right now, I just feel kind of run down and weird, but the idea that there's going to be an actual baby in 8 months isn't real in my head yet.

Anyway, during my appointment Marybeth told me I could take B-6 to help with morning sickness.  I don't know if it is a coincidence or if it worked, but I feel better now than I have in several days and I took one of my B-50 complexes this morning.  I hope that is why because that's something I can obviously repeat whenever.  The only other thing that has helped me cope has been hard candy, specifically, LemonHeads.  Gross, right?

As for weight and all that, today I'm at my lowest weight in at least 7 months.  I weighed 186.8 today.  Oddly though, my waist measurement is up over 42" again.  I don't know what exactly is going on with that, but I'm not surprised I've lost weight because I'm hardly able to eat.  I will take it though, because I know the gain is coming in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters and the lower I start, the less horrible of  a position I'll be in at the end.  That's how it goes in my head, at least.

I've kept up with exercise pretty well.  I haven't had the energy to do HIIT yet this week, but I did some weight training on Tuesday and regular programs on the elliptical every other weekday this week.  Boring, yes, but at least it's something.

This weekend is my nephew's first birthday party.  It's at a pizza place.  I have been dreaming about diving into some regular, non-gluten-free pizza for weeks.  At the same time, I'm very worried about how sick I'll be the next day after I do that.  I hope it doesn't make me regret being alive the way I felt Sunday and Monday.  I also cannot stop thinking about French fries and fried mozzarella sticks.  I have been thinking about those for several days now.  Would it be horrible if I gave in?  I'm very tempted to get some fries somewhere tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment