Monday, February 16, 2015

Wrapping Up Week 6

Unfortunately, it's another miserable Monday here.  I think it is safe to say that gluten + dairy = misery for me.  Sad.  I feel terrible today, but I know it is from what I ate yesterday.  I gained 2 pounds and it's all bloat.  I didn't bother to measure myself this morning but I don't need a measuring tape to tell me that my waist is bigger right now, it's obvious.  

So, I guess that wraps up my food reintroduction experiments for now.  I know what I can handle (rice) and what I can't (other grains and dairy).  Sugar doesn't seem to have a negative physical impact on me, but I know it doesn't really help things.  Luckily, there are tons of great paleo recipes out there that will work and taste good.  Now I just need to come up with the discipline to stick with the program.

My task for today is to plan out a week's worth of meals since I'm off of work for President's Day.  I'm thinking about going back to frittatas for breakfast, but I don't know.  I don't like them much without cheese, to be honest.  Also, if last week was any indication, I probably won't actually be able to eat breakfast anyway.  I guess breakfast will be the lowest priority.  I can always get omelettes from the cafeteria at work anyway.  

Here's what I have come up with for dinners so far:

Monday - Chicken Piccata 
Wednesday - Steak, Sweet Potatoes, Mixed Greens

I can't think anymore right now, so that's all I'm going to plan.  I think I'll plan the rest one day at work this week.  Lunch will be left overs or I might venture out to Chipotle one day.  Exciting stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment