Monday, January 5, 2015

Whole 30 - Day 1

Today is Day 1 of our attempt at Whole 30.  I'm honestly not sure that I can make it 30 days, but I'm going to give it the 'ol college try.  I don't know anyone in real life that can/will commit to this with me except for my husband, and I know already he isn't as into the idea as I am.  So, it's going to be very hard.

My food plan for today is:

Breakfast - Fritatta
Lunch - Avocado with Tuna Salad, Carrots
Dinner - Pulled Pork, Sweet Potato, Broccoli

I know the plan calls for no snacks, so I am not planning on having one, but I have some items that can work if I need a snack: dill pickles, apples, bananas, bone broth, carrots.  We'll see how that works out.

I figure I should document how I'm feeling in general so I can look back and see if there are any improvements.  So here's my current situation:

  • Skin - Pretty bad break out currently, at least 7 pimples on my face :(  My skin is also very dry, but that is a given considering that it is -3 degrees
  • Hair - Dry, as usual
  • Weight - 196.8 today (down from 198.2 yesterday, yikes), Waist is 42" again
  • Exercise - Non-existent lately; I often feel like I want to exercise, but I just can't seem to make myself actually do it.  The most I've been able to muster is a set of squats or a 30 second plank or something during commercials.  I'll randomly take the stairs to the 15th floor at work, as well.
  • Digestion - Actually it hasn't been bad lately, which is surprising.  I'm not regular at all and there's definitely room for improvement, but I haven't been having too much pain
  • Emotionally - Eh, I've been better, I've been worse.  I'm not as lazy right now as I have been at other points in time, but I'm still generally lacking motivation and inspiration to do much.  I've watched way too much reality TV lately, and not just while working on things. 
  • Sleep - Has been pretty good on days I don't drink anything, terrible if I drink, which is not surprising.  I don't think there's really much room for improvement when it comes to sleep.  The only improvement would be if I could somehow get by with less sleep.  I sleep a lot and I'm always tired around 9:00 pm and sleep until 6:00 without a problem.  It's a big waste of time, but something I don't see any way around.  
Part of Whole 30 is that you aren't supposed to weigh or measure yourself during the 30 days.  I don't know about that.  Part of me wants to try, but with the diet bet I don't want to be shocked (and screwed) at the end if weight loss doesn't happen.  I guess I'm just not sure if there's any value in not weighing myself.  I'm not convinced that doing it every morning is harmful.  Maybe I'll put the scale away tonight though, we'll see.  I'm definitely not interested enough in my weight to go and get the scale if it wasn't right there.  

I need to figure out a Whole 30 meal that I can serve to at least one other person (my sister) for dinner tomorrow.  We were planning on having steaks, but she's not all that interested in steak.  I also need to figure out lunch tomorrow.  My current plan is to go to a salad bar and bring dressing from home.  I also want to make some chicken and vegetable soup.  I was going to make a cream soup originally, but I guess it'll have to be broth based since Whole 30 is dairy-free.  Oh well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment