Friday, January 30, 2015

Whole 30 - Day 26

TGIF!  I'm ready for the weekend.  This week has been strange, to say the least.  First, taking 3 pregnancy tests.  Then going in for that stupid breast ultrasound.  Now dealing with my sister harassing me about when I can drink again after my Whole 30 is done.  Ugh.

I guess it is good that I did this Whole 30 and stopped drinking for a month, because it will be more believable if I say I just don't want to drink now than it would have been otherwise.  Still, the fact that she feels like she has to ask me about it in the middle of the work day is annoying and weird.  I mean, who cares if I don't drink?  I'm not stopping anyone else from doing it.  Heck, I'm still supplying the alcohol!  Why does she even care?

God, this is all just making me anxious about announcing this pregnancy.  I honestly want to keep it to myself as long as I possibly can.  The thing is, Rob is already wanting to tell everyone.  I get it to some extent, but I'm the one carrying the baby and I think I should be able to decide when we reveal it.  I'm sort of wishing I hadn't even told HIM right now!  He wants to tell his family at Easter, which is the 13th week.  I know it is safe to tell people then, but man, it just leaves so much time where all anyone is going to talk to me about is being pregnant and baby stuff.  After this pregnancy I'm going to be a parent for the rest of my life.  Is it so wrong to want to just be me for as long as I can?

The other issue is, of course, we cannot tell his parents before we tell mine.  Ideally we'd tell them at the same time.  My mom is oddly jealous of the other grandparents with my nephew.  Of course, that's probably because they also live nearby and my brother-in-law is close with his family.  That won't really be a concern in our case because my in-laws live over 2 hours away and out of state.  You can add that to the list of reasons why my parents won't be as nice to me or my child as they are to my sister and her son.  They won't have any competition to be the "best grandparents" with our kid.

Anyway, back to Whole 30, I'm still doing good there.  Tonight we're having friends over for dinner and I'm going to make the Sun-Dried Stuffed Chicken Breasts from the recipe I saw on Mark's Daily Apple.  To go with that I'm planning to make Brussels sprouts and potatoes.  Hopefully it is good.  I'm probably going to buy some fruit for dessert.

OMG, while I was writing this another person just IMed me to ask when I'm done with Whole 30.  Why does anyone even care?  I swear, I tried not to talk about it unless someone mentions getting food, and then I just explain that I can't right now.  Why is my ability to drink alcohol such a big deal to everyone else?  This is really ticking me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment