Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Whole 30 - Day 23

So, the big news first... I'm pregnant.  I am still a little in shock about it and even typing it feels weird.  We had been trying and it shouldn't be a surprise, but I guess since nothing happened the first few months I was starting to think I was infertile and it just wouldn't happen.  I guess not.

As for whole 30, Rob and I are still going strong.  I think I'm finally seeing the benefits, too.  I don't know that I'd call it "tiger blood" but I feel pretty dang good.  Here's my status on everything since last week:
  • Skin - Slight improvement.  My last problematic pimple was almost gone before a new one showed up yesterday.  So, now it's more like one pimple at a time instead of four.
  • Hair - No change.  I have an oily scalp and dry hair, if you can figure that out.  I wish I could go down to shampooing only every other day or every few days, but my hair just looks awful when I do.  So, same old, same old, here.
  • Weight - 189.6 today (down from 192.2 last Monday; this is the first time I've seen a number under 190.0), Waist is maybe 41.75" which is not a significant change. I'm not sure how I'm losing weight if my measurements aren't changing, but oh well.
  • Exercise - I'm on my way here.  I manged to work out 5 times last week (20 minutes each time).  This week I'm on my way I did 20 minutes on the hills program yesterday and HIIT today.
  • Digestion - I'm just so-so on this front.  When I first started the whole 30 things were great, but lately some of the soft stool issues are back.  I'm not sure what to attribute that to.  I tend to only go every other day, as well.  I think I read that constipation is common during pregnancy though, so maybe that is factoring in somehow.  
  • Emotionally - I think this is where I've seen real improvement.  I'm feeling lighter emotionally and less annoyed/frustrated.   
  • Sleep - Still fine.  My neck is almost totally better.  I'm still going to bed pretty early, around 9:30, but oh well.  I may as well savor sleep now while I can.
  • Energy - I don't think it's boundless, but pretty good.  I wish I didn't spend all day cooped up in an office; I definitely start to get tired once it gets dark, but I think that's probably how it should be.  
In other news, I had this breast lump that I found last week.  It had me pretty freaked out and I ended up going to see my gynecologist.  I had read that a doctor can use an ultrasound to tell whether a lump is a cyst or not, so I figured she would do that.  Unfortunately, she couldn't do it.  I had to go to some special Women's Health Center.  She didn't think anything was particularly concerning, especially since there was a chance I could be pregnant (I didn't know whether I was at the time).  

So, today I went and got the ultrasound done.  Aside from having to wait 45 minutes past my appointment time it was fine.  The doctor and technician confirmed that I had a cyst.  Actually, the technician said she saw many small cysts.  That surprised me a little, but it shouldn't have; I've had cysts before.  Anyway, I'm glad that I can stop worrying about that now.  Who needs the stress?  

I can't believe we only have 7 more days of our whole 30 left.  I had been thinking about what I want to eat when we're finished a lot, but now I'm actually not so sure.  I want to follow the reintroduction protocol and I am thinking that I want to start with non-gluten grains first.  Rob wants to start with dairy first, of course.  You can take the boy out of Wisconsin...

It is kind of amazing how food has become both more and less important over the last 30 days.  I have gotten into a routine of planning and cooking food.  It takes more time than ordering, but actually, not that much more.  I know it is worth the extra time.  I hope Rob will be interested in continuing this after the 30 days are up.  I am worried that he will want to go back to how things were, which included going out a lot during the work week and for lunches at work.  I would love to be able to relax every once in awhile, but I don't want to go back to ordering food twice a week and going out to eat all weekend.  

That's all I have got going on right now.  Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment