Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Whole 30 - Day 3

Still going strong.  I managed to survive watching The Bachelor with my sister last night, which for me is an accomplishment.  She wanted (and had) wine.  Then after dinner she wanted something sugary so she cut into the 1/2 pound peanut butter cup Rob got for Christmas.  It was hard not to lick my fingers after cutting it and not having a taste, but I stayed strong.

I worked from home today, which is nice because I was able to escape to Whole Foods to pick up the coconut aminos I needed for our dinner.  We had stir fried vegetables and seared tuna.  It was pretty good.  I tried to make wasabi mayonnaise though, and that turned out to be really gross.  The wasabi powder was very bitter and nothing I mixed with the may seemed to counteract it.  Oh well.

This was today's menu:

Breakfast - Fritatta
Lunch - Beef Stew
Dinner - Seared Tuna and Stir Fried Vegetables

Tomorrow looks like a lot of the same stuff.  Breakfast and lunch will be exactly the same, in fact.  For dinner we're having steak, roasted Brussels sprouts and maybe asparagus.

I didn't weigh myself today.  I don't know if that is good or bad, but it's just what happened.  I sort of wish I had weighed myself because I want to know if I'm losing weight, but I know it doesn't matter that much what the scale says on any one day.  Maybe I'll skip the scale again tomorrow.

Right now I'm watching My 600 Pound Life.  If that show isn't motivation to lose weight, I don't know what is.  I really like the show, particularly when the people on it are successful.  When they aren't successful I just feel bad for them.  I hope other people like that show so they will continue to make it.  Although, I'll admit, I would love it if there was a show that focused on people of my size and with my history (people who have always been overweight, never have been athletic, etc.).  Every show seems to be focused on super large people.

Anyway, I'm only 3 days in, but so far I feel like Whole 30 isn't too bad when it's just me and Rob and we can cook at home.  The challenge is when other people are around and they want me to eat/drink like I always have.  I usually fold in those situations, regardless of whatever plan I want to be following.  I hate the pressure.  People will say things like "you are crazy, you look fine, there's no reason to be so extreme" whenever I'm trying to follow a plan.  It ticks me off because usually the person saying this nonsense is a "normal" weight (so they weigh 50 pounds less than I do).  I know for a fact these people would be miserable at my size, yet for some reason they think I should be happy and not try and change it.  It's very frustrating.

That last paragraph makes me wonder if I've reached the "Kill all of the things" phase... If you have no idea what that means, read the Whole 30 Timeline.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment