Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Whole 30 - Day 2

I survived my first day of Whole 30.  It actually wasn't too bad.  We had already planned what we were going to have for dinner last night, pulled pork and sweet potatoes, and I had already cooked the pork (so all it needed was to be warmed up) and washed the potatoes.  Tonight we're having beef stew, so we prepared that last night while we were heating our pork and potatoes.  So far, so good.

I really don't think I can give up the scale when I know I am in this diet bet though.  I don't have a huge emotional reaction to the number, but I need to know it's staying the same or going the right way when I have this bet hanging over my head.  I'm down 0.6 pounds today to 196.2, no change in my waist measurement though.  Should I stop looking at the scale?  I don't know if it will really do anything positive for me and I worry that it'll have the negative impact of causing me to take my eye off of my goal and causing my weight to creep up, even while I'm eating Whole 30 compliant, so I'm reluctant to give it up.

Today's meal plan is:

Breakfast - Fritatta
Lunch - Tuna Salad, Avocado, Carrots
Dinner - Beef Stew

We got some pretty awesome snack foods at the grocery store last night.  I know snacks aren't part of Whole 30, but honestly, I am sometimes so hungry when I get home from work that I just cannot wait another hour/hour and a half to eat something.  So, we got some olives.  I forget how awesome olives are, but they are great.  I also have pickles, fruit and almond butter (to put on the fruit).  Rob got some nuts but I don't even like nuts that much and I don't need them.

Tonight I have to make some chicken soup that I'm going to use for lunches.  I think we have all the ingredients though, so it shouldn't be too tough to make that.  Then tomorrow we're having seared tuna and I wanted to do stir fried vegetables with a soy type sauce.  Of course I can't use regular soy sauce.  Apparently people use coconut aminos in place of soy sauce.  I don't think we can buy coconut aminos anywhere locally besides Whole Foods.  Unfortunately, the closest Whole Foods is about 10 miles away and isn't convenient at all.  Maybe Rob can get it tonight while we watch The Bachelor or something.  If it wasn't so insanely cold I'd walk to the Whole Foods in the West Loop during my lunch but that sounds like torture right now.  They are supposed to open a Whole Foods in an old Dominick's near us, but man, they sure are taking forever to do it.

Anyway, that's where things are today.  I don't really feel confident that I can do this for 30 days, even though yesterday was pretty easy.  I'm worried about the weekend, when I'd normally have some adult beverages and I'll have a lot of time on my hands with nothing planned to do.  I guess I need to come up with a jewelry project that I'm excited enough about to work on.  I started a bracelet a long time ago and now I just don't feel much desire to work on it.  I guess I need a different project for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment