Monday, January 12, 2015

Whole 30 - Days 6, 7 and 8

I survived the baby shower on Saturday night and made it through Sunday without any problems, as well.  I definitely wanted to eat some of the candy, chicken nuggets and cheese that were brought to my house Saturday, but I stayed strong.  I had a lot of "mimosas" though.  I feel bad about that because I know it was a lot of sugar, but, at least it was just plain, fresh orange juice instead of the 15 peanut butter cups I wanted to have.  I suppose I have to consider that progress.

Sunday wasn't super tempting for me, but I did miss the beer and/or mixed drinks I'd usually have while watching football.  The Packers won though, which was nice for my husband.  Personally, I'm a Bears fan, so anyone familiar with the Bears knows how this year has been.  When the Bears are out I cheer for the Packers too, so hopefully they will make it to the Super Bowl.

Now that it's Monday we're officially into week 2.  I know that day 10 is the most common day that people give up on Whole 30.  I'm not sure why that is yet, maybe on day 10 I'll find out.  As of now, this week looks like it shouldn't really be much tougher than last week was.  We've got our food plan pretty well set.  I've got avocado and tuna salad again for lunch, which luckily is something I like.  I want to make some chicken soup tonight or tomorrow that I can use for lunches, snacks or as part of dinner.  I have really wanted chicken noodle soup for a while now, so that's what I'll be making, just without the noodles.

Since it has been a week, I figure I'll update my status on everything I commented on back on day 1:
  • Skin - Not much change here; still dry and still getting new pimples pretty much every day.  Blah.  
  • Hair - Dry, as usual, no change here either.
  • Weight - 194.6 today (down from 196.8 last Monday; I've been at this weight for 5 days now), Waist is 42" still, no change.
  • Exercise - Still non-existent.  I'm still tired a lot.  I wanted to go to bed at 8:30 yesterday, for example.  
  • Digestion - This is one area where I've had some actual improvement.  Going to the bathroom has not been painful and awful.  I'm sort of regular even.  So, that is a definite plus for me.  
  • Emotionally - No real change.  I'm definitely losing patience with my sister and her continual digs at me.  I don't think I really want to be around her anymore, if I can avoid it.  I think I will just avoid her as much as possible.  I don't really see any reason why I should put up with her nonsense at the moment. 
  • Sleep - No big changes here.  I stayed up way too late on Saturday and didn't sleep well. I always thought I had bad sleep after drinking because of the alcohol, but I think just plain staying up too late might be part of it now.  Who knew?
I've obviously been weighing myself still, and I'm starting to see why they say you shouldn't.  The reason is because I haven't lost any real weight at all yet.  It's very disappointing.  I haven't lost any inches either, so it's not one of those things where I'm gaining muscle (which isn't really possible since I haven't been exercising).  Several days my measurements have been higher than they were when I started.  Not cool.  I know that according to the time line that can happen, so I really hope things turn around by next Monday.  

I still miss sugar and dairy.  Really, right now I'm waiting for the magic to kick in.  The only area that seems better at all is my digestion, which is great and all, but I would rather it be my weight or body composition than that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment