Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy New Year

I'm a little late, but happy new year!  I haven't posted in a while but I have been quite busy.  We went on a vacation to Mexico, which was just okay.  I ended up getting sick on the 3rd night and stayed sick until we went home.  I was sick after we got home, as well.  When we got back I didn't have a lot of time left before Christmas so I was busy making and buying gifts.

I made several gifts.  We made flavored salts for my aunt, my mom, my mother-in-law and some friends.  I also made a pendant for one of Rob's cousins, who I had in the family gift exchange.  I made a necklace for my mom and sister, too.  I didn't take any pictures of the salts, but I got the recipes from here.  Here are pictures of the necklaces I made:

For Rob's cousin who, obviously, goes to LSU

For my mom to match the sweater I bought

For my sister

I also made a moisturizing balm that I gave to several people.  I didn't think to take pictures of it, but this is the basic recipe I used.  I put it on my knuckles a lot and it helps keep them from cracking in the cold/dry air.

So, aside from making a lot of things, I've been eating a lot of junk.  Mexico really sort of set the tone there, I guess.  I have weighed myself, but I've been forgetting to update my log.  In any event, it's not good.  Rob decided to sign up for another diet bet, so I did that, too.  We've joined Chris & Heidi's diet bet.  If you want to join it too, click here.

It's another 4 week, 4% diet bet.  Unfortunately, I'm pretty much exactly where I was when we did our last diet bet.  Oh well though.  I think we're going to try and follow Whole 30, which is going to be REALLY hard for me.  Just thinking about it I am overwhelmed, to be honest.  But, I want to lose weight and lately I just want to feel better.  I feel tired a lot and just drained and lazy.  I don't like that.  Hopefully we can stick with Whole 30 and it will work.  Giving up dairy is going to be the hardest part for me, I think.

Anyway, since it's a new year and I'm forcing myself to focus on Whole 30 for a month I'm going to change the design of the blog, I think.  I'm also going to try and plan out my food for the entire Whole 30 today.  I'm going to try and come up with restaurant foods that I can use when I'm in a pinch, make some acceptable salad dressing, make some mayo, etc.  Once I have it figured out I plan to post it, just in case it is helpful to anyone.

Happy new year!  I hope your year is off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment